The Style Arc Lacey Dress (animal print jersey)





I've been waiting a while to blog about this dress. I finished it in May and have worn it quite a bit already but wanted to get some good photos for the blog, whilst the weather was nice. [Eagle-eyed readers may have spotted that, yes,  I've changed my hair colour again and, if you zoom in, I'm wearing my "pocket or two" Tatty Devine name necklace in the photos.]

So, this is the Style Arc Lacey dress, I bought the pattern as a pdf via the Etsy shop, but you can also buy direct from the Style Arc website. The great thing about this pattern is that it is designed to be made in both woven and knit fabrics, which means that the possibilities are great! It's an oversized dress with princess seams on the bodice and, of course, IT HAS POCKETS!!!



I made this version in a gorgeous quality animal print cotton jersey from Material Girl Laura. I bought it a while ago with this knit dress in mind and it really is like wearing secret PJs. I don't wear dresses a lot but have lived in this on those usually hot early UK summer days. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to make another one. I'm just searching for another fun print jersey (and I think I may have found one...watch this space!)


The skirt (as you can see) is gathered at the waist, making it more like a semi-full skirt than a fitted one. Although it's oversized, the gathered waist and princess seams give the dress some shape, which I think is really flattering. It also makes it super comfy (have I already mentioned that?)




The dress is a fairly quick sew, with only a few pattern pieces. It has a neck facing too, to keep it from stretching out. As it is made in a knit fabric here, I sewed most of it up on the overlocker. I didn't overlock the waist seam, where it is gathered though (I probably should to neaten it up on the inside!)



To sum it up, this is another fab make for me. I'm looking forward to experimenting with other fabrics to see the difference between the knit and woven versions. It would look great in denim! I'm sure you'll be seeing more on here (or my IG) in future. It really is a dress of dreams!

D. 

Comments

Popular Posts