Vlogging and Hello Kitty Nina Lee Piccadilly Pyjamas




Sorry it's taken me a while to update the blog. I have exciting news though, I started a vlog on YouTube! My channel is Pocket or Two, so you can catch videos of my sewing plans and makes over there, plus other sewing-related things. For now, I want to keep up with the blog too, as some people prefer the blog format and I like to include photos of my makes on here so you can see close ups of details etc. 

 

So, today's post is my Nina Lee Piccadilly Pyjamas. Ella (@sewistella) very kindly gifted me this pattern after she was a pattern tester for Nina Lee and when I saw this Hello Kitty fabric on the Fabrics Galore website, I knew it would make the best pyjamas! I had also been wanting some of this Rico bias binding that I had been stalking on Cloth and Candy for a while and I knew that the two would be a match made in heaven. FYI, I bought two packs of the bias binding which made a top, a pair of shorts and the longer-length pants too. 


The pattern is quite an involved make, because it has the bias binding detail and, effectively involves sewing a shirt. It's definitely worth the effort though as the instructions are incredibly clear, and the shirt only has a mandarin collar rather than a stand and collar pieces. It doesn't take as long as a normal shirt. The shorts - and the longer length pants - are a really quick make.


The great thing about this pattern is that it is so customisable. The binding allows for you to add some personal touches to the pyjamas and then there's the ribbon and the buttons which, as you can see, I went all out on! I found the ribbon on eBay and also ordered silver glittery buttons to echo the silver bias binding. 


There are some really lovely details on this pattern, making it a nice gift to sew for someone. The ruched sleeves are a really great touch and the shaped pocket and hemlines are lovely features. 


I'll definitely be making more (I have a pair planned for an xmas gift). Love them! 

Comments

Popular Posts