So, I'm blogging about my sewing...

(Dress: Pauline Alice Cami pattern - yes it has pockets; fabric: Alexander Henry) 



Hello, I'm Dani and I'm a sewist!

I've been sewing, well dressmaking, since April 2017. So, I'm pretty new to sewing my own wardrobe but totally hooked. I can finally chose my own fabrics and styles without being confined to what's available! In the last few months I've made shirts, dresses, skirts, sweatshirts, tee shirts, babygrows and cushions and have been logging it all over on my Instagram account (@daniartgeek). 

This blog is a way for me to share more of what I sew, my me-made style (I love makes with collars) and hopefully connect with more sewists.  After thinking about it for far too long (and a little help from Instagram friends), I decided to call it You've Got to Add a Pocket or Two because my mantra for dresses and skirts (even when I was only buying ready to wear) has always been "does it have pockets?" (Yes=buy, No=put it back on the shelf) Needless to say, all my dress (and skirt) makes have pockets whether the pattern includes them or not as you will soon discover! 


Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it,

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts